The EST Board of Directors held its most recent meeting on the 10th of December 2020.
The EST Board of Directors meeting was held on December 10th via Zoom.
The EST Board of Directors held its most recent meeting on the 10th of December. This body is formed by representatives of EST partner institutions, national Ministries, and other entities providing significant resources to the project.
Prof. Svetlana Berdyugina from Leibniz-Institut für Sonnenphysik (Germany) was elected as the Board Chair, with Dr. Benedetto Lepori from Università della Svizzera Italiana (Switzerland) as vice-Chair. New members were also introduced: Dr. Daniel Weselka from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (replacing Prof. Arnold Hanslmeier from University of Graz), Dr. Marco Romano from University of Catania representing the Italian Universities involved in EST, Dr. Ricardo Conde from Portugal Space (replacing Dr. Chiara Manfleti), and Dr. Peter Gömöry from the Astronomical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
During the meeting, the participants were briefed on possible legal interim figures for EST, the strategy for the financial feasibility of the project, and the site proposal and request to the CCI.
MEMBERS OF THE EST BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Dr. Daniel Weselka (Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research. Austria)
- Prof. Stefaan Poedts (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Belgium)
- Dr. Staša Skenžić (Ministry of Science and Education. Croatia)
- Dr. Marek Vyšinka (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Czech Republic)
- Prof. Dr. Svetlana Berdyugina (Leibniz-Institut für Sonnenphysik. Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Sami Solanki (Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research. Germany)
- Dr. Marco Romano (Università di Catania. Italy)
- Dr. Filippo Zerbi (Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica. Italy)
- Prof. Per Lilje (University of Oslo. Norway)
- Dr. Ricardo Conde (Portugal Space. Portugal)
- Dr. Peter Gömöry (Astronomical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences. Slovakia)
- Prof. Elena Domínguez (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas. Spain)
- Prof. Rafael Rebolo (Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias. Spain)
- Prof. Jorrit Leenaarts (Stockholm University. Sweden)
- Dr. Benedetto Lepori (Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland)
- Dr. Gerry Doyle (Armagh Observatory and Planetarium, United Kingdom)