“SOLARNET - Integrating High Resolution Solar Physics" is an H2020 project running from 1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2022 that aims at integrating the major European infrastructures in the field of high-resolution solar physics.
SOLARNET involves all pertinent European research institutions, infrastructures, and data repositories. Together, these represent first-class facilities. The additional participation by private companies and non-European research institutions maximizes the impact on the world-wide scale.
The following actions will be taken:
- Realise transnational access to all European users.
- Integrate small communities and foster European collaboration.
- Enhance and spread data acquisition and processing expertise to the Europe-wide community.
- Increase the impact of high-resolution data by offering science-ready data and facilitating their retrieval and usage.
- Encourage combination of space and ground-based data by providing unified access to pertinent data repositories.
- Foster synergies between observational and theoretical research communities by organising meetings where each presents state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Train a new generation through student schools, a mobility program, and grant program to attend conferences.
- Develop innovative post-focus instrumentation.
- Develop and build next generation devices to correct for atmospheric turbulence.
- Lay foundations for combined use of synoptic and high-resolution facilities on ground and in space.
- Dissemination activities towards society.
SOLARNET achievements will be of principal importance in defining the exploitation of the future 4-meter European Solar Telescope.